First of all…
The following hike is a high alpine hiking tour. Mountain experience, stamina, sure-footedness and good preparation are the best prerequisites for a successful and safe day trip. Please do not attempt it wearing sports shoes, normal street shoes or flip-flops! This ensures nothing will get in the way of an adventurous hike. Still have questions? For more safety tips, click here ... And now enjoy reading about this tour.
Friends of Nature house on a high level
As is well known, many roads lead to Rome, but also to the Wiesberghaus. The managed mountain hut at 1884 metres above sea level impresses with its beautiful location at the foot of the Niederen Ochsenkogel with a direct view of the Dachstein peak. The hike from Hallstatt to the Wiesberghaus in particular requires a lot of stamina, surefootedness and mountain experience. This tour can also be easily combined with other trails: A hike to the Simonyhütte or on the great Nature Trail. We have summarised the best hiking variants for you below. We wish you lots of fun!
Tips: Hiking in autumn
Autumn is here! Hooray! The most beautiful hiking season of the year! However, there are a few things you should keep in mind when hiking, especially at this time of year.
- Plan tours properly.
- Start early. Especially for high alpine hikes.
- Attention: It gets dark early!
- If you are staying overnight in a hut, register in good time by telephone.
- Do not miss the last cable car ride down the mountain when on mountain tours.
- Information on the current operating times of the cable cars in connection with a hike can be found below under "Information at a Glance".
- Check snow conditions. Because at this time of the year the first snow can already fall in the high mountains.
- We have summarised further important safety tips below.
- We wish you an unforgettable hiking autumn in the Salzkammergut.
Your editorial team
Safety Tips for Hikers
Admittedly, the landscape of the UNESCO World Heritage region of Hallstatt Dachstein Salzkammergut is the absolute pinnacle for hiking fans, mountain enthusiasts and nature lovers—unforgettable tours to incredibly beautiful mountain lodges and meadows, panorama views as far as the eye can see and cherished moments that will last a lifetime! However, you should remember that while hiking you might find yourself in high-alpine terrain. We’ve put together some resources to assist you: how to best prepare for your tour, recommended items for your backpack and steps to take in an emergency situation. Remember to always play it safe and enjoy your hiking adventure in the Salzkammergut!
More time to enjoy!
To save you unnecessary searching on various websites, we have summarised all relevant information about this tour for you below: contact details, opening times, travel times of cable cars, links to public transport and much more. In this way, you get all the information at a glance and have more time to enjoy the breathtaking mountains of the Salzkammergut.